This article discusses the 3rd step I feel is essential in raising an obedient child. Without this last foundational step in place efforts will seize to produce strong results, wa Allahu Alam. Herein I outline, and summarize the road for Muslim parents to take in their quest to purposely parent and raise a righteous child, Insha'Allah.
- A child asks... Divorce? Does that mean broken home?
- Question: Worries about my marriage after the baby
- The Game Plan – Putting Parenting Together (step 3 of 3 )
- The Game Plan – Purposely Parent ( step 2 of 3)
- The Game Plan - Simplifying Muslim Parenting (step 1 of 3)
- One Step Further
- Yours. Mine. Ours. - Uh, What?!
- *exhale* ... Are You In?
- Becoming Batman? How it All Begins
- Ageless Parenting - An Alarming Realization
Posted by Shireen Patel on 2/23/2017 to Parenting
Posted by Shireen Patel on 2/16/2017 to Parenting
In step one of our three part parenting articles discussing raising an obedient child, I speak of the need to set standards of expectations. In step 2, we move from clear objectives, to practical application that is meant to add value and purpose in the lives of our children. Parenting with purpose means it's time to get to work.
Posted by Shireen Patel on 2/3/2017 to Parenting
This article discusses the first step (out of three) on how to raise an "obedient" Muslim child, of course that's only after I clarify what I mean by that. Three steps, nurtured and attended to, I believe is the simple yet effective way to instill the values we hope our children will go up with, Insha'Allah